I tried to post the first part of this earlier this morning but couldn’t connect. Can’t wait to try that passive signal booster when it gets here; I’m motivated.
But there’s always been a problem with that in the two previous summers: Just about the time you want to sit in the evening breeze, the sun comes around and blasts in your eyes.
I’ve had it in mind since last summer to make a sun shade that might hopefully cut the glare. Finally got around to it yesterday, using materials already at hand. It would either work fine as is, prove the concept but require different materials, or discredit the concept entirely.
This morning Neighbor D and I had our third session with D&L’s tractor, trying to replace a leaky drain fitting on the engine block. Last time we determined that the only way to unscrew it around all the impediments was to send away for a metric crowfoot socket.
The block is nearly as chingered up as the fitting; I figure the threads will need to be drilled out and Heli-Coiled and we can’t do that in the driveway. So now they’re out their tractor until they find someplace they can trailer it to. Sometimes jobs don’t go just right and it’s nobody’s fault.