…and once I got it stacked it didn’t come to nearly enough.
So I have a bunch of other juniper chunks stacked elsewhere; it was cut green but has been curing for four years or more and should be fine. I brought back a little bit and cut it, and it looks cured clear through. The acid test of that, of course, is a fire in the woodstove – but I haven’t actually lit the stove yet. I really don’t want to end up with a tier of fireproof wood in the shed, but this weather won’t last forever and I need to finish cutting and stacking wood. Unless it’s a very mild winter, which happens but is not the way to bet, I don’t have nearly enough put away for the whole season.
Since this hasn’t gotten complicated enough yet, I got an email from Ian yesterday wanting me to edit another Headspace manuscript. This one is on handheld railguns and appears to be geeky in the extreme, which means it will take all my attention to do my job right. Plus the file is huge and so far I haven’t even been able to download a copy. So part of me says I should just put the generator and saw back under cover until I get these outside issues sorted, and part of me wants the world to go away while I sort out my firewood woes.