…in hope of correcting last summer’s near-total failure.
The poor-man’s solar water heater is made of a free fiberglass box and a whole bunch of black garden hose. That part seems to work fine. But – mostly for artistic purposes, I suppose – I supplemented all that with PVC running across the roof and down to the spigot. And that part never worked for very long, because the water temperature kept melting the adhesive. And in fact it damn near melted the pipe. And despite further efforts it just went on like that.
Then I suffered a very painful shoulder dislocation which made any further carrying of hot water buckets around moot for a while – and then Laddie got cancer and very unpleasantly died – and I gave up on the project for the season.
But I always intended to take it up again this year, because of course.
The plan, obviously, is to eliminate as much as possible of that PVC.
So this morning I got a replacement for the one fitting I didn’t already have spares for, and built another stub out of entirely new material.
Prediction: It’ll leak like a sieve within a day.