And as expected, it’s not good news. Exactly how bad the news is will depend on the test results.
She’s got big, degenerative nervous system problems as opposed to a spinal injury. No surprise there. Maybe a parasite, maybe a virus, maybe bacteria. You know you’re in a bad way when the good news would be bacterial meningitis.
So now we’re waiting for blood tests, and I get to give her antibiotic pills just in case and won’t that be fun.
The whole thing took a fair chunk out of my eye fund (donated by you,) but I’ve got a gig coming later this month that will let me put it back. I’m afraid in the long run it’ll be for nothing, but she’s family. She at least deserves the chance to see if she can get better before we start talking euthanasia.