Starting on the new 12 volt line from the powershed to the cabin.
Needed a short, shallow trench, shouldn’t have been ten minutes’ work. Felt fine yesterday and the first part of this morning, but halfway through this little thing my back starting whining at me to stop. Got it dug, though. Also got the hole for the new conduit drilled in the powershed floor. Never know when you’ll want a 2 1/8″ hole saw.
Last September that friend of the blog who came to help with the addition insulation and drywall brought me a gift of this 2″ flexible conduit. I’ve got four courses of low-voltage wire in it: two for the battery voltage display, one for the someday porch lighting, and one for because. Occurred to me that I should also run some cord through it, in case “just because” turns out not to be enough. I’m used to improvising conduit with water pipe and such and not being able to pull new wire if I want it.
Before I can bury it I also need to take my ohmmeter and figure out and label which of these wires is which. Big Brother gave me a coil with like 30′ of low-voltage duplex cable which I doubled up in the conduit, and all four conductors are black. So labels first, then bury the conduit.
Also need to figure out how I’m going to get the wire into the cabin. It was easier when I could just bore a hole in the floor whenever I wanted to, but I’ve put down cement board and tiled since then. Still working on it.