I did it again! Left that damned powershed light on all night.
In the days of 2-battery power storage and CFL lighting, this was a serious and possibly even mortal sin. Now it’s rather more venial, probably worth no more than ten Ohm’s Laws and a trip out to throw the switch. But it’s still annoying.
Every morning, first thing before I turn anything on, I check the battery voltage. As I said this is more a vestigial habit now than a necessity, but I still do it and I still write the reading in my daily ledger…
So when I get a lower-than-expected voltage reading, I start wondering why. During the snow and weather of a few days ago I was getting 12.3 volts which is a solid two tenths lower than it should be, and I should have been more proactive about the cause. All was explained when I saw that I’d left that damned powershed light on. Again. For days.
But that was the closest my oversight came to doing any actual damage. This morning I went outside and turned the thing off, then went back to see what effect if any it had on the readout…
*The 12-volt lighting is currently on a separate 2-battery bank unconnected to the inverter, just because I didn’t want to throw those batteries away.