Okay, that water heater thing is getting scary.
I was doing some yard work around noon, sunny day in the mid-nineties, when I saw that the water heater was dripping off the powershed roof again. Shouldn’t have been, the pressure to it has been turned off for about a full day and I bled the pressure when I turned it off.
I opened the faucet, and…
…well, okay. That doesn’t show up so well but it’d be more than your hand is worth to stick it under that faucet because after blowing out half a gallon of hot water it started venting steam at impressive pressure for just inflating a long garden hose.
The water in the bucket wasn’t record hot, but fairly hot.
My plan was to start simple and improve/revise in increments but I’m starting to think my current design is too simple to work. Water lying static inside black hose in the summer sun just keeps getting hotter and hotter until something fails.