So yesterday we got a lot done but couldn’t reach completion because neither of us knew how to miter an inside corner on crown molding. If I’d just bought a bunch of baseboard and used that at the ceiling we wouldn’t be having this problem.
Anyway, I spent part of yesterday evening researching how you do that, and determined that it really couldn’t be done with the chop saw I was using. It seems you need a saw that can cut 45o angles in both directions, and mine can only do it in one direction.
Fortunately, I have an emergency back-up saw.
This was my Dad’s old saw, which BB sent to me a couple of years ago. I plugged it in at the time to confirm that the motor ran, then stored it in Landlady’s barn and more-or-less forgot about it. Checked it this morning, and sure enough it should be capable of helping us finish the crown molding job. Brought it home.
There was a box wired to the housing…
So I opened it this morning, in an idle moment while cooking breakfast for BB and myself…
ETA: Crown molding success.