I really thought I had the right fittings. This is the story of my life.
Last weekend with Landlady’s visit I received the propane hoses I ordered several weeks ago, that would allow me to connect bottles to the new regulator. ALAS! The fittings on the new hoses were too big for the fittings on the regulator. For some reason the fittings on the regulator won’t bloody come off. So there was nothing to do but wait till the next time I went near a hardware store, to get adapters. And I was so certain I had purchased the right adapters! That certainty lasted until I tried to put the whole damned thing together. Damn and blast. Now this’ll sit here until next Monday when I can try again.
The thing I’m supposed to be working on is the Lair’s back door. It needs trim, and then a good sanding and paint, and then I need to do something (hopefully effective this time) about weatherstripping. But lately the very thought of picking up another roller or paintbrush just sends me off to find something fun for once. I’m totally burned out on painting for the season – though alas I’m not out of things I need to paint.
At least the babies are doing well. Another week or two and they’ll be fully feathered, and then I’ll move them into the big cage that’s already inside the Big Chickenhouse. I’ll let them live there until they outgrow the cage, and by then the hens will be used to having them around and hopefully won’t go medieval on their tiny white asses.
Stuck for something useful to accomplish this morning I suddenly remembered that it was four days past Battery Day. So that became the day’s special chore…
Well, I used gloves and eyepro, anyway.