People keep inadvertently shooting through the ropes that secure the target stands in case of flood. I just fixed them, and this morning found the rope that actually anchors the whole thing shot through.
So I used up about 60 feet of that new 550 cord…
This time I bolted a couple of chain loops around the frame, in hope that bullet frags will hit them and leave the cord alone. Climbed up that little cut to secure the new cord to a well-rooted little juniper that’s out of the line of fire.
I didn’t bother with chain on the paper target stand because presumably flying frags won’t be a problem. The cord is small enough in diameter that I could use a bullet hole and get it further from the targets and wayward bullets.