Okay, so part of prepping for winter is doing something about the mice I happen to know are living in my summer oven. I have plastic and duct tape to hopefully keep them out through the cold months but first I’ve got to evict the ones already there.
…but they do, and they have since the first week I brought it to the Lair. That happened too late in the summer to get a lot of use out of it but as a proof of concept (bake bread without also baking the cabin’s inhabitants) it works great. Except for the inevitable mouse nest in the firebox.
I knew there were two mice in there, because I saw two mice. These little guys weren’t even bothering with sneaky. Finally I decided they’d probably object to a bath, so I put the oven on the ground and sprayed the inside with my hose. That worked, except it turns out there were four damp runaways, not two.
Or (sigh) maybe this whole thing is pointless. They’re such filthy creatures, and I don’t really want my bread flavored with vaporized mouse piss.